Momma

posted on: Sunday, May 8, 2011

Since having a baby, the way I see my mom has changed. I understand more, realize things looking back that I didn't see at the time. I'm sure as Káel gets older those epiphanies will only continue to happen. Not saying that I didn't appreciate her before, because I totally did, it's just different. I relate to her heart now on a different level and I love it. My grid of thankfulness for and to her has been drastically enlarged to say the least. haha. 

My mom is so wonderful. She's an amazing mom, a freaking gorgeous woman, an incredible friend and a heart that I know I can go to any time I need to. Next to Sam, she's my favorite person in the world to laugh with and to me, that is one of the biggest compliments you can give. Growing up, never, not for one second did I ever question the fact that I was loved unconditionally. She's been there for me, with me, through everything and always instilled in me the reality that I could do anything if I really wanted to. I'm SO looking forward to being able to lavish love on Káel the way she did and does with me. The cherry on top is that she is one heck of a grandma...the best. I love you momma. You are beautiful, and all things wonderful. 
15, track star
my mom at her baby shower

young new momma
most fun cool mom ever
about a month before i got married

9 thoughts:

  1. oh my gosh I LOVE seeing all these pictures of your mom and little you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely!! And you have one hot momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom is so beautiful!! Love her:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post... I can't remember how I stumbled upon your blog, but now I read it almost daily. You have an open heart, an open mind and it shines through in your writing. I've been following your blog for a few months now and never knew when was a good time to post a comment! How about now!
    I'm Rebekah, and I live in Dallas! Utah has my roots, but Texas has my heart.

    Your post about your Mom made me teary. My Mother passed 3 years ago and I can't imagine knowing just how much she loved me... I know it was tremendous, unconditional love.. but I'll know this love when I hold my own baby one day. You wrote this so well.. just lovely.

    Make it a great evening!
    Bekah in Dallas~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok so this is random but I had that same dancing bear picture thats on your wall when you were little! haha! I had a few more of the bear pics but cant remember what all they were..

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww love these photos of her! She seems awesome indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom has that couch, got it about 25 years ago! Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts...