American Blogger

posted on: Thursday, June 27, 2013

This week, we had quite the adventure as we welcomed film maker, Chris Wiegand into our home. If you haven't already heard, Chris is filming an incredible documentary-movie called,  "American Blogger." Over the next 2 months, he is traveling coast to coast in his vintage air stream (that he renovated himself) filming and capturing the hearts and lives of bloggers all across the nation. This is going to be an amazing piece of work when he's finished!

When I got an email from Chris' sweet wife, Casey, who is a phenomenal, straight from the heart blogger and friend, asking me to be a part of this journey, I was so excited! Seriously. It was such a great and fantastic experience just for our family to connect with Chris' heart and vision. You guys, I want to be neighbors with the Wiegands. So much kindness, sincerity and beauty comes from this family.  Casey...keep scheming and brainstorming. ;)

Chris arrived Tuesday evening, after driving straight  from Palm Beach, Florida. He filmed our nightly routine as we ate dinner and put the boys to bed. Wait, do we even have a routine? ;) Then after the boys were fast asleep, he and Samuel talked shop about gear, film and the movie  industry. After that, we headed into the city to hang out with my girl friends. Chris wanted to get as much variety of my normal flow of life as he could, seeing he that was leaving the next morning. So, out to girls night it was.


Any of you who follow along my journey here or on instagram, know how dear and vital my friends are to my heart. It worked out so perfectly, that at the last minute, everyone was able to get together and Chris was able to catch it all on film. We all met up near uptown and walked to a roof top restaurant where we laughed and caught up on our lives. Chris followed along, filming and interviewing me at various times, asking me all kinds of questions about blogging, my family, and the important role my friends play in my life. It was great!

The next morning, before he had to head out to his next stop, a few hours away, there were more interviews and more filming.  Then, Samuel and I also got to take Chris to our favorite coffee stop, Not Just Coffee. Then, right before Chris pulled out of our driveway, he invited us to take a look inside the "American Blogger" Air Stream camper. It was SO AMAZING!  It literally looked like a little Ikea apartment. So cool.  Kael was kind of obsessed with it calling it a robot truck. Wait, what am I saying... I was obsessed with it! ha! I think I join in with the voices of everyone who's seen this fabulous little silver darling when I say that I WANT ONE! Ah! 

This was such an awesome and fun experience.  It was fun showing off our Queen City and sharing a peek into our life with Chris. But, more than anything, it was a delight to have our families connect, hear his heart and vision for this movie and to be a part of the adventure of it all.

American Blogger will be available for purchase on iTunes when it is completed. I will post updates here as it get closer to the launching of it as well. Follow Chris' journey this summer on his instagram, ChrisWiegand #americanblogger. You can also keep up to date on what's happening and where he is in his travels on his wife's blog "Casey Leigh."

Thanks for giving us the joy and opportunity of contributing Chris and Casey! Love you guys!

Jess, Sam and the boys






20 thoughts:

  1. Hi Jess! You don't know me, but I thought this post would be a fitting one to finally comment on. First off, we have the same Minnetonka fringe boots! You have good taste! Secondly, I love your blog! It's a ridiculous amount of Mommy-Boho-Awesomeness!

    I started a blog in February. It is: boho-hobos.blogspot.com My family and I decided to buy an RV and live in it full-time. My Husband works out of state in Virginia, and he had been gone for a year. (He was allowed to visit for a week every 6+ weeks.) It was killing our two daughters and me to be apart from him. We got rid of 2/3 of our belongings, of the 1/3 that was left, 1/2 went in storage and 1/2 into our new rv. After I spent 2 months renovating and decorating it, the girls and I moved in. A month later, Daddy came home, packed us up and a week later we moved to Richmond.

    I should mention that up until we left, we had never towed an RV before in our lives...let alone travel 1,666 miles across the country with 2 kids under 8, and 2 cats all crammed into a truck.

    I love reading your blog! When I read it, the love you somehow manage to pour through my computer screen, makes my day.

    You are such a beautiful, inspiring and creative woman and Mom. Never stop blogging, and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOODNESS! you are THE SWEETEST!!! You guys sound like the coolest family ever! Seriously, kinda have tears in my eyes right now. I'm so glad you commented! Hello new friend! <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  2. P.S. Have you posted Cedar's birth story yet? I can't find it. I LOVED reading Kale's birth story. I had my 2nd kiddo at home as well, a water birth! Your little boys are such cuties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i haven"t!!!!? what's wrong with me!!? I have all these amazing birth photos and his story is incredible! That's my next blog post hopefully!

      Delete
  3. how awesome! i am so enjoying finding new blogs through this journey of casey & chris's. i can't wait to watch the movie! both are so very talented! happy to have found your blog too...i must be living under a rock to have not found it yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me TOO! I have found so many new sweet spots for my heart from this adventure! you are so sweet! I'm so glad to connect!

      Delete
  4. yay! so exciting. i am so so excited to see the final outcome and am super happy you were included!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh man, i'm so excited! i'm honored for sure!

      Delete
  5. I am so excited for American Blogger. All of the awesome women I see and hear about being part of it makes my heart happy. This is such an amazing cool project. Cannot wait to watch! Glad you got to be in it, lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaaah! for reals!!!!!! SO many amazing gals!!!

      Delete
  6. Heard about the doc through Casey's blog and she couldn't have picked a more wonderful blogger to feature!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear goodness, kaity....you are so kind!! thanks!

      Delete
  7. Que lindo casal!! Adorei as fotos! Beijos
    http://antonellaesuaboneca.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, yay! Heard about the project - so fun to hear about the different steps of his journey!
    xox
    giedre
    www.walkingdotphotography.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm excited to see all the places he goes and people he meets!

      Delete
  9. Well, I could not be more thrilled for Casey and her hubby, for you and Sam finally getting to connect in person with at least half of the Weigands ;) and that you are going to be a part of such a cool project. Also, I LOOOOOVE seeing you blogging again! Life with two little ones is for sure a 24/7 job and it is sweet of you to make time and share little glimpses of your life with the rest of the world. Your joy and sunshine are a lovely treat to the internet world sweetie! Mucho love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad that I found your blog through Casey and Chris! Love, love, love your blog, girl! xox Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just wish you'd actually blog again, on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg. I love your blog! I actually kind of envy you a little. You have such an active and amazing blog. See, I just started a blog last night and I'm fairly new at it. I know I'm not going to get a lot of comments immediately, nor will I be making much progress, but I just tend to be so impatient sometimes. Can you give me any tips as to how to improve my blog? If you don't mind visiting my blog, here's the link. http://rainneverhurts.blogspot.com/ Please beware though, it only has a few posts on it -- 3 to be exact, and I think I'm still sort of lost. Please help. Thanks Jess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Been reading a few posts and your life is so carefree, relaxed and happy. A great environment to bring up young kids. Looking forward to more posts. :))

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts...