Sick...So it Goes

posted on: Thursday, April 21, 2011

Yesterday was a "I feel like yuck, so I'm going to stay in my pajamas and ask my husband to get me chicken noodle soup" kind of day. It seems that I caught whatever Samuel had last week, which he caught from Káel the week before. Seeing I felt like a volleyball was shoved up inside my head, with a bit of fever, I didn't feel like doing much of anything except cuddling with my husband and a fuzzy blanket on the couch. Sam was my angel all day, taking care of Forest boy and going out to get me anything my heart desired. Káel happily played with his train while Sam and I watched a couple of episodes of the Cosby show (which will always make you feel better) and a sweet movie. I don't get sick very often but when I do, I fight like crazy not to give into it. Toward the end of the day, I caved, allowing myself to be vulnerable and needy. I finished the day with a nice, long jacuzzi spa time and enjoyed little mister man before he went to sleep.

I feel better today and am looking forward to finishing several of my half written, backed up blog posts. I'm excited about this coming weekend, oh goodness! I will tell you more about that tomorrow. I'm going to go make myself lovely now, dearies. Have a beautiful Thursday.

Please take a minute and click on the pretty pick button in the left hand, top corner of my blog for me today. Then find boho baby bump on the list and click the yellow thumbs up button to vote for us. Someone nominated me for the Top 25 Moms With Style on Circle of Moms and it has really opened our blog up to new readership, which I LOVE! Thanks beautifuls.

 

8 thoughts:

  1. Awh! Well it's better that you "gave in" because then you can get to feeling better faster with the time you took to recover :)

    Clicky clicky! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I feel like God allows us to get sick so that we will rest and He can restore our bodies! At least thats what I try to remember when I'm sick. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the bright side of being sick, you got to enjoy some precious time with your family... I hate being sick, but it allows us to slow down a bit... hope your feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yucky, feel better! I voted for you on the top 25! And! Watch out for those trains, Kael may get obsessed! My nephew is crazy about Thomas the train, it's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better soon. Being sick is no fun at all.
    Today I turned on the TV & there was WeTV, & a certain wedding show...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you ladies!

    liv, i KNOW! haha most little boys i know are obsessed with them, i guess kael just decided to join the club.

    tirralirramango, thanks girl, hehe i heard that was replaying today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm so very happy you're feeling better. and the cosby show ALWAYS makes me feel better when i'm feeling yucky. that, and some other disney shows that i refuse to admit that i watch (good luck charlie, the suite life on deck).

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts...