Long Time No See..

posted on: Monday, August 23, 2010

40 week jess
(last week)



Hey guys, sorry I've been MIA lately. The past week has been good. Mucho uncomfortable, but still good. Today reminds me that tomorrow is my weekly midwife appointment. THAT means it's been another week. Another week that has teased and taunted me.

My family/friends and I were laughing all together the other day- It feels like we've already had the baby. We already experienced that "Oh my gosh! He's coming! He's coming tonight!" feeling a couple of weeks ago. We all are standing around thinking, "but, there's no baby." It's so funny. People will ask me, "So, you having any contractions?" I reply, "Naa, not really." Even if I am, I'm not saying anything til it reaches the point where I can't talk! No more of this start, stop stuff. No-thank-you. ;)

Sam and I have been enjoying our time together. We've gone on a couple of little adventures, had movie nights and laughed so much it's crazy. ;)

Just a couple of days ago we bought our little dude some books that were our favs as little kids. Having those tangible outlets of things that physically connect us with him are so important to me. It feels like the last stretch of a marathon...all the little things I look forward to are like my coach, cheering me on. Being the portable, baby spa for little guy in the last weeks of this stretch can get overwhelming and seem never ending. Will I be pregnant forever? Every once in a while the fear of "What if I can't go into labor naturally?! What if I never go into real labor?!" On and on... Fear is a funny thing, if you don't nip it in the bud it can spread like craziness.

I wake up in the middle of the night and think, good Lord, am I STILL pregnant? I'll turn my head, longing to hear little, short sleepy breaths and see my little dreamer next to me-but then I realize...not yet Jess. Yes, yes, yes I know it all sounds melodramatic! Haha! I feel like super woman, able to take on anything, endure any final stretch. Then at others, I feel like a weak, pitiful little girl whimpering about everything.

I've been reading "The Baby Book" by Dr. Sears and I really like it. I'm super picky and am finding I don't feel like I have to use as thick of a Jess filter when I read through his stuff. It's making me excited!

This last stretch of pregohood-ness has stepped over some of my style boundaries a little. I've been able to wear practically all my pre-belly dresses my entire pregnancy, but now it's only a few. My belly has reached a point of war with some of the seam lines of my dresses. Ha! No worries, I've still got an abundance of options. That's the joy of layering and mix/matching! Sam, being the hilarious guy he is, teased- "Yeah, Jess' belly enters a room 4ft. before she does now!" Some of my clothing can attest to that statement.

I'm working on a series of blog posts right now on unconventional maternity fashion. It's pretty sweet. So, be patient with me, I promise...it's coming. :)

Toodle-loo dear ones!



My dear little man,

Obviously you know what you're doing in there. If you need more time, momma understands, she just is antsy to look at your sweet face. Your daddy and I are so excited love.

momma

6 thoughts:

  1. Hang in there, I promise he won't be in there forever, and you are doing such a fabulous job keeping him safe while he grows and being patient. It is awesome to see that you are allowing your body to decide the time, it will be perfect, and I pray that your patience right now pays off in your birth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, I remember those last few weeks/days where you are so ready for the baby to come, yet nervous at what that entails. You are going to do great, though! You look amazing. Stunningly beautiful! And I'm so excited for you as you usher in this new season of a family of three. Your little man will be so blessed (ha, he already is!). Peace to you as you await his arrival and strength, peace, and joy as you labor! Much love to you all!
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  3. hang in there! my third baby was 10 days late and my fourth was 14 days late. both times of waiting were super-special with the Lord. He really spoke to my heart during those times. And He showed me a lot about those babies I was eagerly waiting on. It was awesome! I'll be praying the same for you as you wait on God's perfect time to bring your little one into the world! (ps- each time I was late too - my labor's were amazing!!! - so it was definitely worth the wait!)
    lora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cynthia Hillson/PreciousOils@aol.comAugust 23, 2010 at 7:11 PM

    Jessica, Being the mother of six and the birthing coach to four, I know that each birth had its own story. It will be the same for you, Samuel and your children.

    May I recommend . . .

    Cocoa butter, sweet almond oil or tamanu oil daily. A gentle belly rub is important so your skin goes back to normal.

    Soft music, drinking herbal tea and eat a few mini-meals throughout the day that are full of the fruits of the season. Savor each bite.
    During pregnancy and the weeks to follow your taste buds are enhanced.

    Kick your feet up and read, it may be awhile till you have the chance again.

    Take a five minute porch or park break and watch the butterflies and birds.

    Relax. Let the Creator of the Universe love you in the quiet still moments of your mornings and evenings. He knows that you are anxiously awaiting your soon-to-hold special gift that your motherly arms are longing to hold. Your bundle-of-joy will be here soon.

    Love,

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  5. My baby & I had some complications so I ended up needed to be induced at the hospital (high blood pressure, growth restriction, & low amniotic fluid - very dangerous for my tiny love...born at just 4lbs 5oz). But in the weeks before (knowing how much I didn't want to be induced) my midwife talked to me about natural induction methods. The top on her list was nipple stimulation. Do you have a breast pump? Breastfeeding releases oxytocin...maybe that would help speed things up a bit? Check with your midwife - I know that's often something they do to induce/augment labor. Definitely get as much rest as you can now because you will certainly need your strength! And enjoy the labor & delivery...it's truly one of God's greatest miracles!!!
    -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep up the good work and savor this time as much as you can. It will be over soon and only a memory. You're doing great girl!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts...