At Home?

posted on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010



Yesterday I had my weekly appointment with my midwife, the all amazing Damaris! She said everything looks good but he hasn't fully dropped yet so she thinks I've another week. Which, I was happy and a little full of sighs to hear at the same time. Truly, I can use the time to prepare and get my house even more ready, do some frivolous things I want to do before he comes, but I also want to pop him out so I can hold him and cease to be pregnant.

He's still a little posterior, which is why my back has been aching a little more than usual. Lot's of hands and knees for me...no reclining Jess.

As many of you know Sam and I have been planning on having our little boho boy up at the birthing center which is a hop, skip and a jump from our house. But, now that the time is basically now to actually have the baby I'm kinda feeling mixed about it. I kinda really want to have him here at my house where it's cozy and normal feeling. Where I know where everything is and I don't have to get in a car and lug my huge self up there and then lug my baby and my deflated self back home. It's just something we are tossing around. I talked to Damaris about it and she told me either way was wonderful and I could do whatever I felt like I wanted and needed to do. The only difference between me having the little dude at the birthing center and here at my house is the location and space...no other difference.

If we did it at home my midwife, her assistant and my doula would all be here just like at the BC. So, I'm weighing out what things are more important to me right now and aid my comfort level.

At first, when I first got prego I didn't think at all I'd want to have my first baby at home because I was a little freaked out at the thought of labor. To me, at the time...I found comfort in being away from my house, I felt more secure at the thought of being on the midwife turf instead of my turf which seemed to symbolize I had not a clue what I was doing. Well, not now. I'm actually stoked for labor...I'm looking forward to it and the thought of leaving my house isn't looking all that appealing to me. We'll see. Who knows. :) I like having options and having the freedom to ask, "What if I want to do..." Put's a part of my brain at ease investigating and searching out what I really want instead of boxing my self in. I might totally go ahead with the birthing center route, but like I said, if a little part of me doesn't I like to have options. :)

Damaris measuring my belly.









My mom and I got lunch after my appointment and I cheated and had a very small cup of pistachio/almond homemade icecream... It was fabulous.



After the BC appointment I worked on little dude's room and got some of the trees up on the wall! It looks AMAZING! Beka is going to take some pics for me so I can do an amazing blog about his amazing little room. :) There's really not THAT much left to do and I'm getting really excited! Hopefully I'll finish putting them all up today and we can move his crib back and bring in the nursing chair!!!!



Not much longer baby! My heart is starting to ache for our little man and my mommy hormones are swinging into gear. I tear up all the time over the silliest emotional thing and I'm constantly day dreaming about my little trio of a family-the boho momma and her boys. :) Happy sigh...








9 thoughts:

  1. the idea of having my second baby at home seems really appealing to me actually. looking back on the birth of wyatt, there are so many things i wish that could of been different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! I'm praying that you have a wonderful labor experience no matter which route you go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't wait to meet your little man...i know he is going to be a tremendous pleasure in your life, as i have a little man of my own. they are super sweet, super rowdy, and full of so much love it's incomparable. you are going to be such a fabulous mother, i'm looking forward to seeing you blossom!!! xoxo-t

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your blog! You are going to be a brilliant mummy...and absolutely love it! It is the most incredible feeling when your baby is placed in your arms, gets me teary thinking of it! Hope everything goes smoothly for you & I look forward to seeing pics of your little man! Jade x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I am thinking that I need to get my birth pool to your house if you are thinking of having that little man at home... lol good thing your Doula also co-owns a tub huh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you are ready. Loved the blog! =)
    Excited about your natural route of having your baby. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your baby belly looks great! any tips for avoiding stretchmarks you can share?

    thx :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts...