10 Months

posted on: Friday, July 12, 2013





My brightest ray of sunshine is 10 months old. I can't believe it. These past 10 months have been the fastest, gloriously lingering months of my life. Somedays, I wish life would run on slow motion mode. It's going by so quickly! This sweet little boy, who's always happy and wanting to explore, has stolen my heart away. He's full on walking and trying to run.  He rarely crawls anymore, kinda breaks my heart. When he started crawling so early, everyone said he'd walk at 10 months, and almost to the day, they were right.

We go through bags of frozen blueberries like water, because of this boy! He eats like a toddler. Always stuffing his wee cheeks like a chipmunk. Cedar's favorite person is Kael, although Kael isn't as interested as Cedar thinks he is. ;)  We have entered the "This is MINE!" stage. Lord help us. haha.  I call Cedar "bright eyes" a lot. Every time I look at him, he lights up with the biggest, sweetest most gentle smile that I've ever seen. He's magic, medicine and perfection. Gah, I love this kid.  And the baby jibber jabber that fills my house these days,  I can't even handle it! I was wondering the other day what it would be like to have a perpetual 10 month old. This age is just so perfect. Of course that would be weird and selfish. Life is about being loved, loving and growing. But, I do kinda wish I could bottle this time up forever.

Breastfeeding is hanging on by a thread, Cedar only nurses 3 times a day now...tear. I'm going to try and keep it up until he's one at least if, I can. I never thought I'd love breastfeeding as much as I do. But, it seriously has been THE best experience this time around. Now I know why women cry when they wean their kids.

When did I become a mom of 2 sons? When did this happen? You know you have those moments in life where you feel like you're a spectator, just for a second? You're looking at your life and yourself from the outside. I have a lot of those lately. I look at my boys and am in awe of the beauty of their precious little souls. I have found more love than stress in my journey with two, so far. I love it. I love being a mother with every part of my being.











18 thoughts:

  1. I absolutely love this post. I agree so much about wanting to bottle time. My son is two and I think I bound out of bed every morning eager to figure out what today's adventure will be.

    Being a mommy is awesome.

    You have two beautiful little boys! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww you are such a sweet momma. man, two year old little boys..slay my heart with love!

      Delete
  2. I love your heart so much! So many people make motherhood seem like such a pain/chore/exhausting thing (which I'm sure there are moments of all of those things). But you make me SO excited to me a Mom:) Thanks for being so positive about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwwww julie!!! you just made my heart so incredibly happy!!! thank you! one of the sweet encouragements you could give me! you will be the best momma and your babies will be the sweetest ever!! it really is the best thing ever.

      Delete
  3. You have the sweetest babies, Jess. And the sweetest heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful jess. i know that feeling, when you stop for a moment and think, when did this happen? when did my life become so amazing? children can certainly do that to you!

    i'm with you on the breastfeeding. i loved it, it was such a part of our lives. my second littles barely made it to a year and i was so sad. they just didn't want much to do with it. hang in there mama. sending thoughts your way. it can be a tough transition.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xoxox it's really so amazing. i'm trying! i seriously am going to be the biggest baby when this chapter closes. thanks momma.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I relate to so many of these emotions! My second little girl is four months old, and this week I have just wanted to bottle every little squeal, and all of her sweet smiles in the midst of nursing sessions... just everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful little boy! Time does fly by too fast, I feel the same! I wish there would be a "pause" button sometimes. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. My baby girl is almost 10 months and is starting to not nurse as much, it makes me so sad. What is so crazy to me, is that she is my 4th, but I never nursed the others. Honestly the idea terrified me. In the beginning it was so tough, I thought there is no way I can make this 3 months and now it's such a sweet precious time, so grateful I got to have this experience with her.
    By writing these memories down, cherishing your sweet boys right now, you do bottle this time up forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seriously! it's so precious! i wasn't able to nurse my first so it was all new to me with cedar...never knew it could be that sweet!

      Delete
  8. So wanna find the pic of you when you were very close to this age. Another spitting image! It was cut in an oval to fit the frame...do you have that one, or do I? (I think it was a 5x7).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree I think more is better ha ha :) love you and those boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! my son was 10 months on the 10th!
    I've loved your page! I'm also a mommy from Charlotte so your blog is a great read for me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you ever post your birth story for little one #2??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to know this as well! I can't seem to find it??

      Delete

Tell me your thoughts...