Dear Forest Boy

posted on: Monday, April 2, 2012

My Dear Forest Boy, 

I feel like the most privileged girl in the world to be your momma. Watching you learn and grow, these past months, has been the most magical, new and emotional adventure my heart has ever taken. All of a sudden, the mantra of countless moms, dads and grandparents saying: "Enjoy it, they grow so fast..." has become the beginning of a new reality for me. I feel like I want to press the pause button, weeks at a time, so I can soak up the new pages of your exploding personality. Now that you're going to be a big brother, I find myself living in slow motion more than I used to. I know that in just a few months, we'll have a new friend and adventurer to share our time with. It' won't be just you, me and daddy anymore. That thought excites my heart and it makes me kinda sad at the same time. Not a real sad, but just a realization that things will be kind of different; a good different but different just the same. I can't tell you how thrilled I am to watch you be a big brother and have a new friend for life. I can't wait to watch you two play and come in from outside covered in, Lord knows what, with big grins on your face. But, back to us. You are our best little buddy. You make me and your daddy laugh and love like no other human on earth can. I love you. You have been sunshine to me, and have been the source of so much growth in my own heart and life. The last 5 months, when my heart was the most broken it's ever been, you were the greatest source of comfort and light in such a dark time. You were literally the heart of Jesus to me in my most vulnerable moments. Thank you for that sweetheart. You are such a joy. There are so many new happy memories to be made and places to be explored!  Your daddy and I adore you!

It's going to be a fun day today! We all will get to find out if you're going to have a little brother or sister. You, me and your Daddy, we're getting ready for another extravaganza of love, aren't we!? Let's go, full speed ahead! 

All the love in my heart, 
Momma


Some of my most precious memories being made lately have been taking Káel to his favorite park on sunny days. Sam captured a few of these memories for me a couple of weeks ago. I love having a film guy as my husband. Can't wait to watch all of our videos with our kids when they are older! ;) <3


18 thoughts:

  1. So sweet! And what an exciting day for your family! I loved finding out the gender, such a sweet moment.

    pocketsofroses

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such amazing, beautiful words, Jess! You're babies are so lucky to have you and your husband as parents. You are making some sweet, sweet memories for your boy and new baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful.
    I wish you and you two boys and the little one on the way the best on earth.
    You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Jess! They DO grow up so fast! It's so hard to slow it down...but it's so beautiful and bittersweet. Hold on to every.single.moment. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love his little skinny-jeans butt! I am jealous of your video-savvy hubs, i need to get mine into it :) Love your beautiful smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet reminder to soak in all the precious moments of having little ones! So excited for you guys to find out today - cant wait to hear the news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh!! My new favorite blog for a few weeks now! Little baby boy makes me so happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I read this and saw this, I cried. Maybe because I'm pregnant but oh it made me so emotional! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable, you have a sweet little family. So excite to find out if he will have a little bro or sis. So cute!

    Zoe
    http://gypsiesister.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. he is just adorbale, and he will make the best big brother ever. He's gonne teach him/her so much, you can just tell by that massive grin on his face he will love them forever. You are one precious little family and i'm so excited for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. How precious. I love at 22 seconds when he's wandering around so serious looking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm officially dying. boy or girl!?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jess...What an adorable video!!! I love it!!! Isn't just absolutely just amazing to watch these little humans grow!! I am so excited for you about this new little one!!!

    -Alyson
    www.peacefulmamma,blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet, Kael is a lucky boy to have you as his mum x

    ReplyDelete
  15. ohhh jess i am obsessed with this video!!! it is so perfect and sweet. love it so much. and you:) what is the song playing?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts...