Them Molars...

posted on: Saturday, October 15, 2011

Oh little boy...

This week has been full and long, hasn't it? I can tell you don't feel like your normal, happy self and I'm guessing you're getting your molars in. You've never acted this uncomfortable or woken up this much in the night before. Bless your heart, sweet love. I have to say, I feel really special when, out of the blue, I'm the only one you'll be consoled by. Even when I'm sewing and trying to meet deadlines, I try to push through the frustration and enjoy your need for me for a simple minute. I love you handsome love. You're getting so independent so fast.  All of a sudden, I feel like I want to hit the rewind button for just a day and hold you. Oh, thanks for still holding my hand when you walk, even though you don't need to. You are my favorite.

These booger seasons of teething won't last much longer and you'll be tromping through this or that adventure again, not even remembering it.

Well, you are napping now and I'm going to get your supper ready.

Dream away...

Momma

PS
Any tips for this heavy duty teething? 

16 thoughts:

  1. we haven't gotten to the extreme teething with my youngest son, but my oldest LOVED to gnaw on frozen waffles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor darling. Hope those teeth push through quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With Coopers first two teeth we used panadol, and while it worked, I didn't want to have to dose him up every time. So I bought an amber teething necklace, and we now swear by it. He just cut four molars through at once, and the only way we knew was he woke once during the night for a few weeks, coming into our bed for snuggles. But not really irritable, no drooling, and no red cheeks. I blogged about it here:

    http://lovewisdommotherhood.blogspot.com/2011/05/amber-teething-necklace.html

    Oh, and he now has 16 teeth!!!

    Hope things improve soon, but enjoy the cuddles!
    Lots of Love Rhi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. we adopted our three youngest children all together and they screamed for weeks. It was terrible. We were new parents, had NO CLUE what we were doing, had no notice and were beside ourselves. Our youngest was teething as well which added to the misery and after several failed attempts with drug store remedies like oragel and teeth rings a friend of mine suggested we wet a terry cloth wash cloth, toss it in the freezer then take it out and let her suck and chew at it. MIRACLE!!!! She LOVED it so I made sure to keep a stack of em frozen at all times :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frozen peas and carrots straight out of the bag in the fridge. Tessa loves them and they are soft enough for her to chew them even frozen.

    PS, I've been reading you blog for a while now and love it.
    www.jennyplumbblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mason is getting his in right now too:( We put ice in his cup, or very cold water from the fridge. It seems to help. It will pass soon (I hope!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE using Hyland's homeopathic teething gel or tablets. I just rub the gel right on the spot and it doesn't numb or irritate them. Teething has been mostly a non event for both of our girls other than a couple nights of extra waking and discomfort. But when it is hurting enough that it is obvious, the gel works amazing. My smallest just got two at once a couple nights ago and was extra fussy during the day but she was also sick. So bad combo. She went to sleep well tonight, but other than gnawing on my shoulder she seemed better. My favorite teether is Sophie la Giraffe. Hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those amber necklaces are amazing. Also, the homeopathic teething drops from Similisan. I loved them:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We just bought an amber teething necklace but the very next day, Xave got sick AND it appears he's working on the front teeth so I'm not really sure if the necklace is working or not yet. I don't think he's had it on long enough to tell. It is ridiculously cute thought. But we've had an awfully rough week too so I feel your pain!

    I really like clove oil. It numbs the gums like teething gel only it's natural with no added nasties! I've been diluting it 1 drop clove oil to 5 drops carrier oil (like olive or almond) but I read today you can actually use it straight too.

    www.wokabout.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. i second what aleisha says- we swear by our amber teething necklace! i cant even explain the miracle they are. :) also, homeopathic teething drops and homeopathic teething gel- all must haves! arnica is good too! best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. frozen banana!maybe put it in a baby sock so he can hold it and cruise around or a popsicle stick works great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you guys for all the suggestions! i'm trying ALL of them! <3 how long do you think this will last?

    ReplyDelete
  13. frozen waffles have been a godsend for mine lately. also, i love your blog and your sweet boy is so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, I'm in the exact same situation right now. Poor Nora, getting her second tooth:( Make me feel like a super hero tough, but I wish I had some super power to make the pain go away..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey! I enjoy browsing your blog from time to time, and thought I'd share some of my mother's tips! For teething, she'd usually put a clean, wet washcloth in the freezer and let the baby chew on it when it was frozen. If it was awfully bad and the baby was in constant, screaming pain, she'd dab some clove oil on her finger and rub it on the wee gums (tastes nasty to a little one, but it numbs the area). I should ask her what else she's done... she had 11 children, so you might say she has some experience. ;) Good luck with your growing man!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I use Hylands teething tablets but I also use popsicles (the freeze pops, not opened!), frozen pickles (he LOVES those) and also CHAMOMILE TEA. I can give him some in a bottle for him to drink but what I like to do is soak a whole bunch of washcloths while the tea steeps and then freeze/fridge the cloths. When he gets fussy I give him one and he likes to suck and chew on them... thats helped a lot for our "heavy duty" teathing. Hopefully its over for you by now...but there will be a next time! My little guy is working on his 5th...its like he gets one tooth and then another and another and another. There hasn't been a break yet!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts...