Follower Fall Fest Party

posted on: Friday, October 28, 2011

Happy Fall!  And a big hello to all of you lovelies that are stopping by for our Fall Fest Party that us 3 girls are hosting! (Casey Leigh, Much Love Illy , Danielle  )

Fall, I think, is truly my favorite time of the year. I love the crisp bite in the air and the array of colors on the trees, which I swear are the color pallets of my heart. One of my most treasured fall moments is when I walk through a barrage of leaves falling. It feels like the trees are throwing a party for me.  It's like magical nature confetti. ;) 

Changing seasons can also be an excuse to get your friends together and have a party (and I love throwing parities!). It's a more recent discovery of mine, but I LOVE it. I think I'm rather addicted actually. However, being a mom of a toddler means  that my time can be disheveled, leaving me a very small window of time to do all the things I want to do. This little party was super cheap, super fast and easy. Sure, homemade from scratch pie tarts and baked goodies are FABULOUS, but...there's no way in heck that is realistic for me as an everyday or even weekly thing. Lately, I'm lucky if my hair gets washed and the dishes get cleaned. Ha! I'm not going to let my lack of Martha Stewart finesse stop me from enjoying  lovely hearts and making things pretty. 

I look forward to exploring all of the amazing blogs that are linking up today and this weekend! I hope you enjoy my little snippets and ideas. Have the loveliest of days and I pray this is the happiest fall season you've ever had!

I made all of the party tags from old brown paper grocery bags.
Trader Joes is one of my favorite grocery stores! You can get a box of a dozen natural mini-sweat potato pie bites for $1.99...stick 'em in the oven and boom. They also have my favorite pumpkin bread mix for $2.99. All you add are eggs, water and oil. Stir it in a bowl, bake it and you're set. 
I found the cutest mini bread loaves pan and couldn't wait to try it out. 

I bough some old, mix-matched silverware at the thrift store, then spray painted the handles. Cheap, sweet and recycled. The caramel sauce recipe I got from here. I've always been scared to try to make something like that, but it was SO easy and only took 10 min, promise. 


Honey Crisp apples are THE BEST, hands down!  They make for the perfect caramel apple ice-cream bowl. 

It's getting dark which means the temperature is dropping. Time to light the fire pit and warm your hands! I found a bunch of mittens at different thrift stores for $.50-1.00. I stitched a felt heart on top and all of a sudden they are perfect party favors  for crisp, cold fire pit nights. 


Forest boy and I made a fall crown out of fake leaves that we spray painted and then hot glued to twine. My little woodland adventurer sprite. 


 Friday OCTOBER 28th


WE ARE CO.HOSTING A PARTY!!!

We are often asked how to grow your blog.  Here's your chance!!!! 
WE ARE BRINGING DIFFERENT READER AUDIENCES TOGETHER!
OVER 7,500 FOLLOWERS

HOW WILL IT WORK?
You will link up on any ONE hostess' site 1,2,3,4.  Our links will be interlinked.  Your post will be displayed on all our sites.  Then want to mingle? Party hop?

1. Write a post about anything Fall, Halloween, Recipes, Costumes or just introduce yourself!
2. Go to the links on any of the host pages beginning Friday, October 28th and link up. 
3. a requirement: you must visit each of the 4 hosts sites!
4.Make new friends!!  Increase YOUR readers!!!
GRAB THE BUTTON AND TELL ABOUT THE PARTY!!!!!

Photobucket



68 thoughts:

  1. Thanks so much for throwing this party! I'm a follower :)

    sherri from SHERRI AMOUR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting -- new follower here:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopped by to hi! I found your blog through Casey's and I love it! Thanks for cohosting this awesome link up party!!

    Sherry B
    http://theburnettlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. My! Your fall party is just lovely! LOVE the idea of mittens as party favors!! Sure your guests appreciated that! :) Thanks for co-hosting!!! Popping over from Casey's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello I am a new follower! Would love for you to follow me back at livingoffloveandcoffee.blogspot.com

    I LOVE your blog, I feel like I am at home. You remind me so much of my step-sister, a nice free spirit. I am so glad you guys all decided to do this and I got to drop onto your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I really need to make those apples it's just a perfect idea.

    (and white pumpkins are my favorite!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so cute! now i want to have a fall party so i can do this! love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for hosting! Nice to "meet" you! I too am a trader joes shopping, white pumpkin lovin' lady! I'm looking forward to getting to know you more on your blog!
    xo
    Andee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Love your blog! I am so glad I found you :) I am a boho gal at heart- xo

    Tracy/Creme de la Gems :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. new follower alert! thank you SO much for hosting! you sure do know how to throw an amazing party! blessings to you!!!
    xo
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness!
    Can I come to your next party? Seriously, these are amazing decorations + whatnot. Loving this link up party! Glad for you to co host and for me to stumble upon your blog :)

    Following you?
    But of course!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got to try that caramel apple ice cream bowl - what a cool idea! Cute favors too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting. I'm going to look around here a bit more and hop around this weekend when I have time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty, pretty, pretty! Fall makes me so excited! Thanks for hosting this :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks Kassi! the mittens are my favorite part. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun party idea! I love the carmel spoons idea. Think I might steal this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @5ohWifey oh man it was WAY easier than i thought it would be! for reals! you should tooootally try it! it will make you feel like martha or the pioneer woman...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the rustic feel of your party! It definitely screams fall to me, and now I want some caramel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun, fun idea. I'm so lucky I found out about this just in the knick of time :) I now follow you!

    okbye!

    Rach H
    www.familyeverafterblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for hosting this!! :) Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  21. All that food is delightful looking. Seems like my kind of party.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is my first time at your blog and I love it! I'm a new follower! Our little boys are right about the same age and we are going through the teething thing right now too... argh!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, your fall party ideas are amazing! I think I'm going to try all of them. Really. Beautiful pictures too! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great blog! Only recently found you since the follower fest was announced...I'm so glad i've found your blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh the mittens are perfect! I can't wait to live in a cold climate just so I can throw a party with these favours!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your pictures are gorgeous!! Love the colors. :) Looks like a great party!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Okay, that's it. Where is my invitation???? This is AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I follow you now! :) Love the caramel spoons idea

    http://sweetsandshutterclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gah, I sighed up twice it seems? Sorry!

    I'm super excited for this blog party! *^_^*v

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the caramel spoons and the honey crisp apples looks AMAZING!!
    looking forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. your party looks amazing! :) and delicious I might add!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm a new follower and just wanted to thank you for all the time and effort you've put in not only on the Linky, but on your amazing site as well!!! Great party ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such an amazing event! Thank you! I just love all these amazing Autumn posts!


    New GFC Follower
    JadeLouise Designs

    ReplyDelete
  34. New follower from the fest! And I completely agree that honey crisp apples are the best apples! And the biggest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. That is the sweetest fall party ever! New to your blog, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for hosting! Such a great idea! LOVE your post... gorgeous images.

    ReplyDelete
  37. oh my gosh you crazy lovely fellow blogger girls! i am having SO much fun exploring all of your blogs and posts! Over the next couple of days I'm planning on connecting with each of you! eee! so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  38. oh my gracious! What a yummy party - can't wait to try the caramel!

    ReplyDelete
  39. lOVELY,lovely Fall party. Seriously in awe. Thanks for hosting such a fun fest, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I must make something pumpkin flavored tomorrow after reading this post!! New follower here, I'm so excited to explore some new blogs =)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thanks so much for hosting this wonderful party! It's really a great idea. I too love cooking desserts and whatnot from scratch, but like you say there is no way I could do it everyday.

    PS Your caramel apple ice-cream bowl looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Everything in this post just looks SO good. I'm ridiculously full and could still go for some of these sweet treats!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I lobe this idea! best "blog hop" ever :D So excited to check out some awesome new blogs. And those caramel apples are to die for! Im craving one right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. New Follower! What a great idea!! Now to get mine written up and posted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Happy wonderful fallness! you have some incredible ideas! following!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Two things of great importance here: 1) I *adore* your style, and 2) Your photography is absolutely beautiful.

    :) Ok, now that I've got that out of the way...
    I am new to your blog and would not have found you otherwise had it not been for this Fall Fest event (thank you so much for co-hosting!). I am so excited to spend some time this weekend checking out new blogs and hopefully making new friends in the process! I just love this community. :)

    I'm looking forward to reading along and getting to know you better! Have a beautiful weekend!

    Aloha,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thanks so much for hosting!! Love your blog...New follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. glad to find your blog from the other ladies! what a fun link party!

    ReplyDelete
  49. This is a great idea! I'm all linked up and I came here first! I love those mini pumpkin breads, I'm wondering if my favourite pumpkin bread would work in smaller pans! Definitely have to find some of my own and try it out! Love this post!

    http://mygrowingobsessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. Yum! Must try that pumpkin bread! New follower here! Great blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wow! Your blog is absolutely gorgeous...I found you through Follower Fest, and I'll definitely be back!

    Hope you'll stop by my blog and say hello. :)

    Cindy @ Notes in the Key of Life

    ReplyDelete
  52. yum, yum, yum! have you had trader joe's kettle corn? oh. my. stars. it is SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love your party pictures. I want to attend!

    I'm a new follower. Thanks for hosting.

    Hope you can check me out at
    thecheesethief.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. those are some amazing ideas that you posted!!! i am so glad that this linkup was hosted by u and that i was led to your blog by casey! new follower! i JUST linked up but better late then never!

    ReplyDelete
  55. That looks like SUCH a lovely party! I love all of the little details, like the notes on the spoons.

    I'm so jealous you live near a Trader Joe's, ha! We don't have any in Canada... so the closest one to me is in Chicago. 7+ hours away! Hopefully one day Canada will get some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  56. Oooh, also. I LOVE your blog! I'm definitely following! Love your style of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Thank you so much for co-hosting this awesome party! I can't believe that I haven't stumbled onto your blog before.

    Looking forward to reading more from you.

    Best,
    Emily from Nap Time Is My Time

    ReplyDelete
  58. Hey Jess! In the midst of all this Fest wildness - thanks again for co-hosting - just wanted to say your party pic ideas are beautiful.. and I'm linking to them tomorrow in my post about planning a party - hope that's groovy? You are!
    xo
    Mel
    www.needleandnestdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  59. hi again.. here's the link to the post I mentioned - linking back to your beauty party treats ;o) xo
    http://needleandnestdesign.blogspot.com/2011/11/diy-ideas-for-party-planning.html
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  60. I love your Hello Fall party ideas! I feel like I smell all the deliciousness in your beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing your great ideas, I'm happy to have found your blog!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  61. So excited to be able to join the Follow Fest party, even if I'm running a bit late :) Glad to have found your blog - I predict many fun hours of getting to know you :)

    ReplyDelete
  62. Great blog!Loved your fall ideas.I'm sure that I'll enjoy going through your other articles as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  63. What a great idea! Never heard of this. Must join you guys if this ever happens again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts...