Dang.

posted on: Monday, February 15, 2010



Maternity clothes. mmm. (not the good, warm and fuzzy "mmmm") I raise my eye brows as I sort through page after page of online maternity stores. Why is it that society as a majority thinks that you wish to dress like a grandma in a moo moo once you grace the season of pregnancy? Can someone explain? Just because I become extra curvy (which I am defining as extra sexy) round and big doesn't mean I want to dress in corny prints and rayon potato sacks!?

Sam's grandmother (who is THE cutest and spunkiest women ever) told me "Honey, I sure do hope they have better looking clothes for you than they did me. Ours were TERRIBLE, THEY made you look 3 times bigger than you were! It was just terrible."

True, now is not the time to worry about my weight, or size-but there is NOTHING wrong with wanting to look my best and keep true to the styles I like to wear. Face it, if you aren't puking with morning sickness, you feel better when you think you look nice. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Since my bump is coming in the warm summer time-I'm finding myself gravitating toward extra long tank tops and layers. But dang, it sure has been hard finding some choices. After searching high and low I have found Etsy is my fav source for my style. Stretchy hemp or jersey fabric is awesome and comfy without the bagginess and billows that add to much in places unwanted.

1 thoughts:

  1. Hey Jess,
    ~ Tell me about it! Maternity clothes are awful in the uk too. I just got myself a pair of good maternity jeans & then got away with normal clothes, using cute belts etc. Loving your new blog by the way! Hope pregnancy is going well!
    Jade xx

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts...