Saturday Mornin' Sunshine

posted on: Saturday, January 8, 2011

Are you all having a fabulous weekend so far? Mmmmm...I love Saturday mornings. A weekend morning pretty much goes like this for us:

8:30 am Káel wakes up, Sam usually takes on that feeding so I can sleep an extra hour. (eek! it's my treat!) We spend the morning lounging and all cuddling in bed. The sunlight trickles through the one window in our room and makes everything extra pretty and yummy.

10:30 am I am still cuddling with my boys under the covers. One of us gets up to change little man and make him another bottle. Now it's Mommy's turn to have some morning sunshine time with little boy. We might watch one of our favorite shows on hulu or netflix after that. I have to say, Káel is quite enthralled with the computer. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. haha ;)

11:30 am At this point our tummy's are getting hungry and we plan what we want to accomplish with the rest of our day.

All in all, simple and wonderful lazy mornings with my men are my favoritest in the world. I realize that as our little boy gets bigger, those simple quiet mornings won't be that quiet and simple. *smile* So, I'm enjoying every little stage as it comes and I'm loving this one right now.

How do you usually spend your weekend mornings?




8 thoughts:

  1. I woke up this morning to my 2 year old knocking on her bedroom door saying, "Come in please!" LOL Yes, each stage is different, but still VERY enjoyable, quiet or not. :-) Happy Saturday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww sounds lovely and sounds exactly the way our Saturday mornings go as well. Except for our little one is still inside my belly :)LOVE it! I am a new follower of your blog and adore your style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, our weekend am's aren't all that relaxing as my mister works most saturday :( But we try to make up for it on sundays...everyone ends up in our bed...the youngest first, then my 2 older little. Once everyone is in the mix, we usually get scutched right out of the bed and are more than happy to get breakfast going. It is just SO nice to have nowhere to be sometimes!

    By the way, these photos are so adorable...Kael looks just like a little "mini me" of daddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of Australia is under water, but still, it is so nice to sleep in this morning to the sound of rain on the roof :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! I woke up to snow this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww LOVE the pictures!! and yes, i'm a fan of lazy, loungy saturday mornings...this morning we all cuddled on the couch with coffee (for me) and hot chocolate (for the kids)...they were watching tv and i was on my laptop while Asher crawled around with the baby toys on the floor.......may not sound overly glamorous, but it's SO nice to be able to do NOTHING for the whole morning...and we always need it and look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww.....i love hearing all these stories!!! my man sometimes has to work on weekends too, so our "weekend mornings" are sometimes on sunday or monday as well. :)

    cuddling is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww! LOVE lazy weekend mornings!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts...