Dinosaur Snowballs & Diapers

posted on: Friday, January 28, 2011


I don't know about you, but watching little kids play is one of my favorite choices of entertainment ever. We had play day at my house Thursday. It was fabulous and oh so entertaining as I watched the kids play and giggled about the craziness of motherhood. 6 of my girl friends came over to my house with their little babes for a day of laughing, playing and enjoying one another. There were 6 of us moms and and 9 little munchkins. HA. Yes, it was a mad house of awesomeness. Having heart friends to share your little mommy triumphs and woes with is one of the biggest gifts you can have as a person and as a mom. We laughed so hard talking about boobs, babies, butts and birth stories. When all was quiet at the end of the evening, I let out a happy sigh...it had been a fabulous day.

I'm going to add a new post called "Forest's Friends" next week and introduce you to all of little Forest boy's buddies. So, make sure to visit. It will be a cuteness overload.


Two of the older boys, Noah 2 yr., and Oliver 3 yr. were playing with a big batch of dinos that Oli had brought. They were in the breakfast nook for over half and hour throwing dinosaurs (safely) everywhere, over and over again. Oliver came up with the idea of pretending that the dinos were snowballs. So, on they went, pretending that these big toothed reptiles were wintery balls of wonder for their mini man, macho war. HAHA! It was amazing. They would look at each other triumphantly after a good throw as if they were guys at a football game celebrating a touch down. Oliver was making snow angels on the wood floor later that afternoon as well. What can I say? It was a magical, pretend winter wonderland at my house. ;)

noah and oliver
can i just say the above is a work of art. spontaneous use of my decorative birdcage became dino habitat.
the little ladies, my friend christina took this

12 thoughts:

  1. How wonderful! Little boys are so fun. I can't believe I'd never been around kids before I started my job as a nanny a little over a year ago! It has been the best time - they always have something interesting running through their busy little minds!

    I just found your blog through Danielle's at Sometimes Sweet a few days ago, I have been having such a great time reading through your archived post! You are practically living out my 2-5 years-from-now dream, something beautiful to look forward to someday :)

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kids are such an amazing gifts from God :) Can't wait to meet Kael's buddies! :) I can tell your house is cozy, welcoming and a fun place to hang out just by seeing snippets of house in pictures and how you describe it :)

    with love,
    Samarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think you'll make a post about your new place? Can't wait to see! It looks beautiful! You ladies look like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious - I love all those ladies! I can't wait to be a mommy and have our kids all play together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like such fun! How wonderful it must be to have such an amazing group of women and children to spend time with. Even though our Lil Miss hasn't officially made her debut, I'm really hoping to find some local moms for some fun future playdates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post makes my heart so happy! happy, happy, happy, happy!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could start something with that dino-cage ;) I see the potential... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love how happy everyone looks in the pictures! Love playdates! Gives mommies adult interaction too while the kids play. and watching kids play is entertaining! lol.

    have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Slightly jealous! I moved to my mom's state and I have NO mommy friends out here! :( So no playdates for my little boy. It's just he and I having a grand old date together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like so much fun! I really wish we had the space at our apartment to host play dates.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a nice way to spend a winter day! With all the ups and downs of parenthood there's nothing quite like a mom and baby powwow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like organised mayhem! I bet the kids had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts...