Play Day and Sleep Update

posted on: Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hey there lovelies! Little man has been sleeping like a champ all of a sudden this week. I keep holding my breath each night thinking it can't last. But, each night it does. I'm enjoying every night of sleep I get because I know it's inevitable that we will go through some rough sleep patches again. I'm guessing that the reason he is sleeping so well is that we are getting a breather from teething and he's taking consistent naps during the day. Whatever it is, it is the best thing ever. Forest boy seems even happier to have so much rest.

Little man has been taking 3 naps a day! That may sound normal, but for him...it's a glorious miracle of wonder! haha He takes his first nap around 11am, his second around 3 pm after that around 6pm. He's been eating between 7:30pm and 8pm a big helping of rice cereal about an once of milk then he's out and will sleep till around 7-8am. It's been a much needed gift to my sanity.

Today is play day at my casa. Several of my girl friends are bringing Káel's little buddies over to play. Us mommies are going to do some crafty creations while they play. I'm so excited. I've still got to get out of my pj's and put my hair in a messy knot before they get here.

I hope you have a fabulous day! If you're having a rough patch of sleepless nights with your babe, just know it won't last forever. That's what I always tell myself when I've woken up for the 5th time in the night by 4 am. :) I'll look at him, knowing that he's tired as I am. He won't be this tiny forever so even in the chaos, I try to enjoy the moment...even though sometimes I want to pull my hair out because I can't figure out the why.

XOXO

4 thoughts:

  1. So happy to hear the positive sleep report! Have a wonderful day today with your mommy friends sweetie! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad your little one is sleeping through the night, enjoy it my little man has started getting up at 3am -5am wanting to talk and play but mama and papa are working parents, we are both art teachers and need some SLEEP, espically mama. He is so darm cute but nothing seems to work to get him to sleep longer, I have tried everything so if you have any other ideas I am open to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel ya on the sleep thing- I went from having a newborn who reliably napped 2 hours/time 3x/day to a 3.5 month old who catnaps here & there. It's good to hear that naps work out eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The play date sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to have a baby just so I can do that :) Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts...