Movin' In

posted on: Friday, January 21, 2011


The last two days have been filled with packing, unpacking and packing some more. We just moved into our new butter cream yellow cottage. We're not fully moved in yet but we will be by Monday. Yay! It's been really amazing how it's all worked out, a real blessing beyond belief. We went from our little match box cabin to this huge sweet pad. Káel has been enjoying all the natural sunlight that takes over the downstairs in the morning. Our goal is to be fully moved in Monday at the latest. I'm excited to be able to have my friends over, have parties and really be able to do some of the projects I've been dreaming of doing but not having the space for. Look out...my creative brain in spinning with ideas! Sam will have a huge office/studio for his video business and I'm going to have a room just for my crafts/creating! eee!

Tomorrow, Sam and I are having a real date night while his folks watch little bug. We are going to a kick booty birthday dance party of one of my dearest girl friends. I can't WAIT! Eee! Step aside please, Jess is taking the floor.

I snapped a couple pics of little Forest boy as he was playing while I was unpacking. He will be 5 months in just a couple weeks. I can't believe that. Everyone tells you how fast your kids grow, but nothing prepares you for the reality of it.


Oh, and I want to send some sweet love to the amazing miss Danielle Hampton of Sometimes Sweet for the surprise of featuring boho baby bump on her beyond awesome blog. <3



some of my cottage fixings

Káel sporting some vintage glasses I scored for .20 cents at a thrift store.


my big, little cottage. ;)

20 thoughts:

  1. That last picture, that's your house???
    How beautiful! I love your little fixings! That's what I love to do here..in fact I think that's what I'll do right now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the whole house yours? It's beautiful!! And huge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Please, I wanna come over this week! I love it already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photos :) You "cottage" is way too big to be a cottage. :) but it's super cute regardless! Happy moving weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...that last pic...is this whole place your home? It's amazing. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kael is absolutely adorable :)
    I can't wait to see what you do with your 'little' cottage, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house is lovely! and Kael is so cute! :)

    :)Samarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are beauteous! Congrats on the new home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm already in love with your new house! So so so so amazing! And lovely photos of Kael :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. omgosh jess the house is amazing?! the whole thing is yours? its soo wonderful and its sooo perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely new place! I bet there will be great memories made in that cottage! :) I love the toy Kael's playing with--mind sharing where you got it?

    I don't think I've commented before, but I've been following the blog for a while. I went to youth group with Sam & Bekah back in the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha-wow you guys thanks for all the sweet comments on our new casa! we will be renting it for right under a year from my folks. I know-it's HUGE and we are SO stoked to be able to have all this space for this amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, I love it!!! And I love the piano and your photos and the little Forest boy:) Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks so awesome jess!!! i cant wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. it's gorgeous!!! i'm SO happy for you...LOVE the piano setup!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I vote Wives Club meets there once you're settled. Or girls night! Love it and happy move in!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the piano! We inherited one from my husbands grandparents. Needs re-painting-finishing- a complete makeover!...did you do that to this one...any ideas? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts...