So, you're pregnant in the summer time eh? It's freaking hot outside and every pinch of salt is the daunting fear of having your body swell, legs cramp and not to mention the dehydration that the heat brings on which in turn causes belly cramps and nausea.
One easy wonderment of a solution? Watermelon, the fruit of 4th of July, and pool parties and happiness and crisp watering wonder!
DID YOU KNOW that WATERMELON:
1. Eases heartburn. (Hallelujah! Can I get the choir singing!?)
2. Reduces swelling.
3. Reduces morning sickness due to it's high water content and fruit sugars.
4. Helps reduce 3rd trimester muscle cramps because of it's mineral content.
5. Helps prevent cancer and cardiovascular disease
6. Boosts the body's immune system
7. Can also reduce the risk of preeclampsia by 50%!
8. Packed with vitamins, A, C, B6 as well as potassium and magnesium (which help develop your baby's brain, vision, immune systems and much more!!!!
Check out this awesome article by Fit Pregnancy on Watermelon for more cool facts and yummy recipes!
Mean while, I'm going to enjoy this bowl of watermelon my husband just cut up and brought me!