5 Minute Makeover

posted on: Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Side note: This gray (non-materntiy) top was also my favorite top to wear during my last 2 trimesters or pregnancy. 
 Top: American Apparel
 Skirt: Urban Outfitters
 Sandals: a shop in Jerusalem
 Head wrap: a random jersey knit scarf
 Stone locket: Little bedouin shop in Israel

Lately with packing, the move and then the unpacking, my wardrobe of choice has been limited to a pair of board shorts, my favorite green tank top and flip flops. I'm not gonna lie. My hair is usually twisted up with my hair wrap in a messy bun and I'm lucky if I stop to put on lip gloss. Soon, my cute outfits will all be unpacked and I can get back to styling myself once again. But in the meantime, I have a few pieces of simple threads that I can quickly mix and match for a 5 minute makeover, when I need to go somewhere in a hurry. 

Last week was one of those days. I was a semi-sweaty mess and I had a chance to go hang with some girls and do some crafty knitting. I waited until the last minute (of course) to decide if I could make the time to go. That meant, either going in my grungies (aka, the moving uniform of attire, previously stated above...the shorts I'd worn for 4 days in a row, etc.) OR I could try and throw myself together in 5 minutes. I thought you might enjoy seeing that rushed, thrown together me. These pictures are the result of my comfiest items that pass as cute, a scarf to hide my dirty hair, a couple of accessories, and a touch of mascara. Who says you need hours to get ready? Bam! 5 minutes later and a good dose of deodorant, emerged  a simple, understated bit of  boho-casual goodness. 
I found this metal and stone locket in a bedouin market in Jerusalem...I like to put little leaves or other treasures I might find in there while I'm out on walks and such. 
I wear these sandals  more than any other shoe that I own. Next time I'm in Israel, I'm buying 5 pairs. 
I did a simple, half-turban wrap with my scarf and found some feathers for my ears.



26 thoughts:

  1. Love, love, love. More posts like this- I'm inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice outfit! :) beautiful green eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that same shirt and have worn it for both pregnancies! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i absolutely adore everything about this post. and your necklace? amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! Your style is so natural and comfortable.... love it. :) Sea Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. jessica-i know! isn't it the best shirt!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post, you're such a pretty girl! I would call your style effortless chic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it!! :) I have two of these stone necklaces and just love them. They go with anything! But I must have those shoes. haha I can never find any like these locally.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sandals. Practical, cute and they look super comfy. And what a neat little locket.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look just like your Momma (who I was so blessed to randomly meet at the Olive Garden in Frisco last summer!)

    Cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Maggie! "Effortless Chic" certainly does describe you! Among many other wonderful words! ;-) This is a beautiful and inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those sandals are THE perfect sandal. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, you make it look so easy! I love the sandles too, would love to find such a beautiful pair :)
    RHi x

    ReplyDelete
  14. you're beautiful! i wish that i looked this good in 5 minutes!

    http://breatheandhush.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a locket like so as well..my Great Grandmother passed it down to me. I love it! :)

    This is great inspiration! I'm a student who works part-time, so somedays it hits me I should try to spurce up for my hubbs~ good little tips to do so!

    Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love this, you look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cheyenne!!! Thanks for the great compliment, honey! Can you please email me your email address @ rubenandrebecca@gmail.com . I want to know how you are doing. XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for posting this! I had some style before my son was born. Between having zero money and little inspiration, it has sadly lain dormant for a couple of years now. I'm headed to my closet now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh girl you are so welcome! ;) i understand about the zero money... haha-that's right, dig in that closet and put a little lip gloss on! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. your beauty and kindness literally burst forth from your face. you are so inspiring, for so many reasons, jess. love the outfit, and i had a pair of sandals similar to those that i got at the portland saturday market last year. they made them while i waited! sadly, our dog thought they made a delectable snack. anyway, love everything you do, my dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. you are so, so sweet! thank you so much girl! sorry to hear about your sandals. :(

    ReplyDelete
  22. In that last picture of you, I see Kael! Wow, He looks alot like you! You are so beautiful! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i love hearing that kael looks like me!!! THANKS!!! you are sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts...