Aunt Jess

posted on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012



seriously? <3

My beautiful little nephew, Laef Owen was born last week. He's so precious I can't even handle it. It was a crazy experience watching him being born. It was so surreal sitting back and watching this little life say hello to the world for the first time (and NOT being the one in labor.) Every time my sister in law would push, I would have to remind myself to breathe and relax. ha. Birth, in all it's grossness, pain and newness is so magical. Life is magical, it's miraculous and beautiful.  Hearing his little cry for the first time... undid me.  Aunt Jess loves you little Laef. <3

5 weeks left (I hope) until my new little bear is in my arms. Time is zipping by so fast, so dang fast.

Another little man came into our lives last week as well! One of my closest friends, Lorean had her handsome little Asher Bristow the day before Laef arrived! You should read her birth story here. She and I had similar crazy first births and my heart was SO encouraged by the awesomeness of round 2 for her. (Please Lord!) Asher is a dreamy little bundle of yumminess. Sigh. All these babies, thank God I'm about to have a baby... other wise my baby fever would be out of control. haha.


look at those new born rolls! ah! 


9 thoughts:

  1. Oh my gosh, little Laef is adorable! I love his name, too. Congratulations to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah!! Such sweet babies!! My baby fever is killing me right now, haha.

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Jess... I had my little boy 3 months ago (my daughter is 28 months) and our babies have a similar age gap... My first labour was 12 hours and second was 3, both home waterbirths and awesome... Wishing you all the very best and love following along with your journey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! what a cuties! and alittle Leaf smiling already :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh it supposed to be a smile! :) I'm writing in the dark :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. he is so cute! I also witnessed one of my dear friends giving birth at home in the spring. It is a wonderful experience, and helped me not being so scared for when I one day will give birth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dimples?!?!? I melt!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts...